Resurgence Legal Group, PC Calling? My Experience So Far » S4 Network

I started getting calls from Resurgence Legal Group, PC a few days ago about an old debt, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to handle it. Has anyone else dealt with them recently?

I know they are a law firm that handles debt collection, but I was surprised to get a call without receiving any letter first. The person on the phone was polite but kept pushing me to make a payment immediately. I told them I needed to verify the debt first, which seemed to frustrate them a little.

From what I've read, I have the right to ask for written proof of the debt, and I'm definitely going to do that before I pay anything. I'm also keeping a log of every call they make just in case. I don't want to ignore it and end up with a lawsuit or a default judgment, but I also don't want to be pressured into paying something I'm not sure I owe.

Has anyone else gotten calls from them? How did you handle it? I'm trying to decide if I should try to negotiate a settlement or get legal help to make sure my rights are protected. Any advice would be appreciated.

https://consumerlawfirmcenter.com/resurgence-legal-group-pc-calling/